TOP TOURIST ATTRACTION
Lushan National Park
Lushan National Park is a well-known tourist attraction both in China and abroad. It has appealed to innumerable visitors on account of its natural sceneries and cultural heritages. Lushan lies in the south of Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province. It has a vantage position to the south of China’s longest river, the Yangtze River, to the north of the Tengwang Pavilion, to the east of the railway from Beijing to Kowloon and to the west of China’s largest freshwater lake, the Poyang Lake.
The national park covers an area of 500 square kilometers (about 320 square miles) and has more than 90 mountain peaks. The tallest of these is Hanyang Peak which soars to a height of 1473.4 meters (4,834 feet). Lushan owes its reputation to its wonderful, elegant, steep and spectacular features that embrace ravines, waterfalls, grottoes, rocks and rivulets. There are 12 main scenic areas, together with 37 attractions, over 900 cliff inscriptions, and over 300 steles. The major spots include Wulao Feng, Sandie Spring, Lulin Lake, Flower Path, Ruqin Lake, Jinxiu Valley, Xianren Dong and Donglin Temple, etc.Wulao Feng, 1,436 meters (about 4,711feet) above sea level, is located in the southeast of the mountain. Its five parallel peaks once formed a single apex and standing on the top you will be rewarded with a magnificent view of the distant mountains, trees, lakes, and a seemingly endless sky.
Sandie Spring lies below Wulao Feng. It drops through three craggy tiers with a fall of 155 meters (about 509 feet). The upper part is like snow falling down to the pond; the middle reach wanders and twists with splashing sprays dancing in the air; while the lower level resembles a jade dragon running in the pond. This is considered to be the best of the Lushan waterfalls. It is said that you are not a true visitor here if you miss Sandie Spring. However, it was not discovered until the Southern Song Dynasty (1127-1279) due to its hidden position in a deep gully.Gu Ling, located in the center of Lushan, is 1,164 meters (about 3,819 feet) above sea level with mountains on three sides and the valley on the other. The original name of Gu Ling was Guniu Ling, as it looks like a bull. Gu Ling Street is 1,167 meters (about 3,829 feet) long and it has a variety of shops, hotels, restaurants, bookshops, bars, coffee houses and dance halls that together form a town high in the sky. The Center Park in Gu Ling was built in 1954. After several reconstructions it now covers 10,000 square meters (about 11,960 square yards). In the park there is a large half moon shaped parterre in which stands a great stone bull that is the symbol of Gu Ling. He is two meters (about seven feet) in height and four meters (about 13 feet) in length. The base of the bull bears character ‘Gu Ling’. Meandering pathways, fragrant flowers, flourishing trees and a pavilion all add to lively atmosphere of this delightful place.
Lushan has an abundance of flora. There are about 1,720 varieties, including plants of temperate zone, torrid zone, semitropics, East Asia, North America and China. It belongs to subtropical area where the climate is moderate with ample rainfall. The average temperature in July is only 22.6C (about 72.7F). The Lushan Arboretum was built in 1934, and it is an important base for preserving flora of the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River. It is a good summer resort.
The mountain is also an educational base and religious center of ancient China and is home to the country’s oldest academy. The Bailudong Academy was founded in 940 and is one of China’s four most prestigious academies. (The others are Suiyang Academy, Shigu Academy and Yuelu Academy). It was in Bailudong Academy that an educational system was proposed by the outstanding educator Zhu Xi (1130-1200) of the Southern Song Dynasty. This formed the guide line for education in ancient China. Lushan has also attracted more than 1,500 eminent writers such as Li Bai (701-762), Bai Juyi ( 772-846), Su Shi (1037-1101), Kang Youwei (1858-1927), Guo Moruo(1892-1978), to name but a few, and has preserved more than 4,000 of their poems and essays..
Five different religions have been observed in Lushan over the past 1,600 years. The monk Hui Yuan (334-416) of the Eastern Jin Dynasty (317-420) established Donglin Temple on the mountain, which is the Pure-land Sect of Buddhism. In the 5th century, Lu Xiujing, a Taoist of the Southern Dynasties (420-589) initiated Nantianshi Sect of Taoism. During the Ming (1368-1644) and Qing (1644-1911) dynasties, Islam and Christianity became established here. In the early part of the 20th century, churches of 20 more counties were constructed in the area which still has temples and churches of the five religions (sects). The all-embracing spirit of Lushan means that it has various styles of architecture ranging from Romanesque and Gothic cathedrals to Byzantine structures, Japanese buildings, Islamic mosques and villas of 25 countries, all of which make Lushan a large-scale World Village.
CNY 180 from April 1 to November 31
CNY 135 from December 1 to March 31 of next year
Free for seniors over 70 with valid ID card or passport after registration at the Entrance
Free for children under 1.4 meters after registration at the Entrance
Opening Hours: 06:00-18:00
Transportation: One may take a bus at the Long-distance Bus Station of Jiujiang City to Mountain Lushan, which departs every 30 minutes. It takes CNY 9 and about an hour. There is no bus leaving for the mountain around 15:00;
One may also take the tourism bus from the square of Jiujiang Railway Station to Mt. Lushan, which takes CNY 15 and 50 minutes.
Dragon and Tiger Mountain
Dragon and Tiger Mountain (Longhu Mountain) is a famous Taoism mountain with a long history. 16 km (about 9.94 miles) south of Yingtan City, Jiangxi Province, it has been noted as the ‘Residence of Celestials’ and ‘Blest Earthly Abode’ because of its beautiful scenery. As a cradle land of Taoism, Dragon and Tiger Mountain has been regarded as a Holy Land to which many pilgrimages are made every year.
According to the record of Taoism, in the middle of the East Han Dynasty (25-220), Zhang Daoling, the first Tian Shi (a Taoist priest), started to distill elixirs at this historic mountain, originally named ‘Mount of Splendid Clouds’. As the elixirs were made, a dragon and a tiger would appear. Then the mountain’s name changed and became a birthplace of Taoism. Shangqing Palace in Shangqing Old Town Scenic Area, first built in East Han Dynasty, is the place for Tian Shi to pray and the place where all gods received their official ranks. It was as large as the royal palace, but one Chi (about 1.094 feet) lower to show the respect for the royal prerogative.
Apart from the sacred place for Taoism, Dragon and Tiger Mountain is also full of beautiful and special landscapes. As a typical Danxia landform characterized by its cliffy scarp, the red terrestrial clastic rock can be seen everywhere in Celestial Water Rock Scenic Area. There are a total of ninety-nine peaks, twenty-four boulders, one hundred and eight natural and artificial sights and over twenty wells, ponds, streams and waterfalls. ‘Ten cannot’ rocks in this area are famous for the vivid guise and attractive stories. They are: the nun carrying monk cannot pass by; the jade comb that cannot comb the hair; the water lily that cannot be wore; the test-sword stone that cannot be put to the test; the celestial peach that cannot be eaten; the stone drum that cannot be beat; the splendid silk that cannot be wrapped; the fairy cannot be married; the scoop that cannot be used and the Taoism Hall that people cannot sit in. Sitting in a raft and drifting in the winding Lu Xi River which meanders westwards through the whole mountain area and links sights scattered along the banks, visitors can take in all the beautiful scenes, blue skies, white clouds, green water and red mountains.
Another marvelous sight in Dragon and Tiger Mountain is the Cliff Tombs. Most of the tombs are about 50 meters (160 feet) above the water, and some are more than 300 meters (984 feet) high. Floating in the Lu Xi River, Cliff Tombs of the Spring and Autumn Period (770-476 BC) and the Warring States Period (476-221BC) can be seen along the river banks. Because of its expansive area, large quantity, dangerous location and unique shape, the tombs got the title ‘the best natural archaeological museum of China’. No one is quite sure why or how the ancient site was built, so it’s still a mystery waiting for you to discover.
Admission Fee: CNY 260 (including sight-seeing bus and drift)
CNY 185 (including sight-seeing bus)
Bus Route: Tour bus at Yingtan Railway Station Square (05:30 to 17:30)
Mt. Jinggang has great significance in the annals of modern Chinese history for it was here that important events during the Chinese revolution took place. For those who are interested in the history of the revolution, it is possible to take a tour on Mt. Jinggang that the people who against great odds struggled to establish the Peoples’ Republic of China. Mt. Jinggang is famous for the fact that it was here that forces led by Zhu De joined those headed by Mao Zedong. Together, the combined forces of the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) marched on to a victory that was to establish the new China under the Chairmanship of Mao Zedong. The mountain with its special features is quite different from the other sights, which makes a visit so rewarding.
Mt. Jinggang is located on the common boundary of Jiangxi Province and Hunan Province, 352 kilometers (about 219 miles) southwest from the capital city – Nanchang. The mountain areas have a high center that is surrounded by a somewhat lower level and between them they present two obvious steps. At the point that these steps are divided the relative height is 500 meters (about 1640 feet). It was here that the famous Five Sentries (the five Red Army military strongholds built) stood overlooking the difficult terrain. Another feature of the area is the many well-shaped basins among the ridges. It was these natural indentations that gave the mountain its name of Jing, meaning well and gang, meaning ridge – hence ‘Jinggang’. It covers a fairly wide area but it is possible to arrange for a car to carry you to the various separate sites of interest. These are not far from each other and the cost, which can be negotiated, will be reasonable.
The first site of interest is Five-Fingers (Wuzhi) Peak; this is the highest in the Jinggang mountain range. The peak has the appearance of five extended fingers, hence its name. It is not only the highest point but is the largest and considered to be the most beautiful sight on the mountain. The steep peak extends in an imposing way from southeast to northwest. There is no path on which to climb and the unspoiled virgin forest on the mountain is almost without any trace of human beings, which means it remains the home of rare animal species including bobtail monkeys, sambars and the yellow-stomached tragopan. Hence it is a secret world even now. Tourists may climb up to the Sightseeing Platform opposite, which is the best view point for seeing its majestic appearance. The huge peaks confront each other on two sides to form a valley. The Mt. Jinggang River twists and turns as it races through this valley. On the mountainside, and visible from a long distance, is a large waterfall that appears like a thin silk veil hanging from the sky. The group of lakes at the foot of Five-Fingers (Wuzhi) Peak is like a bright moon shining upon the boundless sea of clouds. Five-Fingers Peak is now the nature reserve of Jiangxi Province.
The next site is the Dragon-Pond (Longtan) waterfalls also referred to as the Five-Dragon-Pond. When you enter this area long before you catch sight of the falls, you will hear the thunder-like roar of the water. Upper most is the Jade Waterfall that drops down to the green and limpid Jade Pond. The second is Lock-Dragon-Waterfall which spews out from the yellow cliff top into the Golden-Lock-Pond. The flow of water is not large but it is famed for what appears like a dragon trapped in it. The next are Pearl Waterfall and Pearl Pond. The waterfall rushes down from a 30 meter (about 99 feet) high cliff and is caught in its path by a large rock that causes the water to break into thousands of pearl-like droplets that glisten in the bright sunshine, hence its name. The forth are the Flying-Phoenix-Waterfall and Flying-Phoenix-Pond. At the bottom are the Maiden-Waterfall and Maiden-Pond. In addition to these spectacular falls there are unique peaks, rocks and an echo cliff to be found in the sightseeing area.
Huangyang Jie is one of the five famous sentries. The well-known Defence of Huangyang Jie happened here and Mao Zedong’s poem-Xijiang Moon was written to commemorate it. The monument to the Defence of Huangyang Jie is made up of an upright stele and a transverse stele, on which are carved the inscriptions of Mao Zedong and Zhu De. The old residences of the Red Army leaders remain here and many stories about the revolutionary period have come down to us. A trench is also preserved and many tourists put on Red Army attire to be photographed near the trench as a souvenir. The Up-Well (Shangjing) Red Army Mint in Huangyang Jie played a very important role during the Chinese revolution and helped the revolution base to cover the hard period at that time and collected experiences for the other bases. Some of the old equipment is kept there as well as the tools and materials used to make currency. Some Silver dollars (Yinyuan) were unearthed when the mint was restored and in the Currency Museum you can see these coins that were minted by the Red Army.
Ciping, the center of the Mt. Jinggang area and red revolution base of China, is the place where many sights can be seen. Ciping is a mountain city and was the location of the highest leading department of the Mt. Jinggang revolutionary base. Now many places of interest in connection with the revolution can be seen here. Among these are the Mt. Jinggang Revolution Museum, the Tower of the Revolutionary Martyrs and military statues. Mt. Jinggang Revolution Museum was established here in 1959. The museum uses modern techniques of sound, light and models to illustrate the important events of the revolution. The main natural beauties in this area are the Southern Mountain Park in south Ciping and the Yicui Garden. On the way to the mountaintop there are five kiosks. There is a pentagon exhibition hall on the mountaintop decorated with the statuary of workers, peasants and soldiers.
Pen-Rack-Mountain (Mt. Bijia) is famed for the steep peaks, unique rocks, old pines, sea of clouds, sunrise and the 5 kilometers (about 3.1 miles) patch of rhododendrons-the flower of Mt. Jinggang City. The blooming rhododendrons here can be called a wonder, every March or April thronged people came here to take photos for the beautiful natural sight.
Maoping is located in the north foot of Huangyang Jie with many revolutionary sites. Here we have Bajiao Lou (a two-story building), those who are familiar with Chinese history may recall that Mao Zedong lived, worked and finished two splendid revolutionary works here. The first hospital of the base was established in Panlong Shuyuan (a classical academy in ancient times) of Maoping. You can visit the treatment room, medicine room and see some of the equipment used at the time. Another site that provided support to the base is a bedclothes factory which mainly produced the army clothes, hats and bullets bags. Each of these sites made a contribution to the achievements of the Red Army.The famous Monument and Memorial to the joining of Forces on Mt. Jinggang is situated in the Dragon-city (Longshi) area, southwest of Huangyang Jie. The monument commemorates the achievement of Mao Zedong and Zhu De. The five exhibition rooms present the important event in Chinese history to visitors. The monument is 19.28 meters (about 21.1 yards) high, 5 meters (about 5.5 yards) long and 4 meters (about 4.4 yards) wide which indicates the date of join forces-May 4th, 1928. The two sides of the monument are inlaid with red marble, symbolizing two oriflammes, depicting the successful meeting of the two forces on Mt. Jinggang.
Mt. Jinggang has an indispensable place in Chinese revolutionary history and offers a good insight into the history of the Chinese revolution. However, this is not only a Red Army tourist spot but is also an area of natural beauty that offers you plenty of scope for relaxation.
Highway: round-trip coach about ten times per day from Nanchang City, Ji’an City to Ciping, then you can change to a bus from Ciping to every sightseeing spot around Mt. Jinggang
Airline: from Guangzhou City, Shanghai City and Nanchang City etc. to Mt. Jinggang Airport (former Taihe Airport), which is 80 kilometers (about 50 miles) away from Ciping
Railway: Train from Beijing to Kowloon set a stop in Mt. Jinggang and the special trains from Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Zhengzhou etc. to Mt. Jinggang were opened
Admission Fee: CNY 190 (February 16 to November 15) CNY 160 (November 16 to February 15)
Note : The ticket covers 21 scenic spots and is valid for 5 days.
Best season: Late March to early April
Opening hours: 9:00-17:00 (for tickets sale)
Located in the Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province, Poyang Lake is the largest fresh-water lake in China. Having experienced many geological changes, it is now wide in the south and narrow in the north, like a huge gourd tied on the waist of the Yangtze River. Poyang Lake is a resplendent pearl on the vast Chinese territory. For thousands of years, it has been nurturing the people in Jiangxi Province and attracting visitors with her charm.
Looking out over the vastness of the lake, with its blue waves that stretch to the horizon, is much like standing on the shore and looking out over an ocean. On days when the sun shines and the sky is a clear blue, the sky and the water seem to meet on the horizon. Sailboats on the lake dart back and forth, appearing to joust with the billowing clouds. Rafts float along one after another like a big moving dragon. Poyang Lake is rich in aquatic plants, which create a hospitable environment for many rare species of freshwater fish. In addition, many kinds of rare birds are attracted here, making it a popular destination for birdwatchers.
Dagu Hill is an island in Poyang Lake , which when seen from a distance, looks like a large shoe floating in the blue water. It is also known as Shoe Hill.There is a sad but beautiful legend about the hill. A long, long time ago, a young fisherman named Hu Qing lived on the hill. One day he got a box when fishing on the lake, and when he opened the box, he found a pearl. On his way home, Hu saw a girl, dressed in green, wailing. He asked her why she was crying, and the girl told him that she had lost her precious pearl. Without hesitation, Hu returned the pearl he had found to the girl. The girl expressed her sincere thanks to him and then left. Another day a storm came up while Hu was fishing on the lake. Unable to see the shore, he was in grave danger. As he fought the storm, a maiden dressed in green and holding a glowing pearl appeared before him. Turning his boat toward the pearl, Hu was able to navigate his way safely to shore. The girl explained that she was a fairy named Da Gu, who had been exiled from the abode of the fairy mother. She had been sent to the earth to live alone in Poyang Lake because she had violated the holy rules in heaven. Hu and the fairy Da Gu fell in love, got married, and lived a happy life together. Meanwhile, Sheng Tai, the fishing overlord of Poyang Lake coveted the beauty of Da Gu and wanted to make her his own. The Jade Emperor learned that Hu Qing and Da Gu had become husband and wife, he sent his holy invincible army to capture Da Gu. At the same time Sheng Tai was attempting to kill Hu. As she was being carried off into the heavens, Da Gu saw her husband being tortured by Sheng . Attempting to save him, she dropped one of her shoes, which turned into a huge piece of rock that fell to earth and crushed Sheng’s men. The cliff that formed when the rock fell is the present Dagu Hill.
Actually Dagu Hill is only one peak with precipices on its three sides. Covered with tall, straight trees, the island rises steeply from the water, surrounded by water on all sides. Visitors who hike to the top of the hill are rewarded with a magnificent view of the vast Poyang Lake below. Along the way, you will see Heaven Flower Palace, with its majestic halls and splendid statues. In ancient times, the hill was a gathering place for scholars and businessmen. The buildings in which they met have been destroyed by wars and natural disasters, but you can still feel a strong sense of history on Dagu Hill.
Water fowl inhabit in Dagu Hill. One kind of the birds is called ‘food-begging birds which have strong wings and sharp eyes. Visitors in boats enjoy throwing food to them, because no matter whether the food is tossed high in the air or dropped close to the surface of the lake, the food-begging birds catch it with precision.
Another well known hill in the lake is Nanshan Hill, near Duchang County, which rises from the Another well known hill in the lake is Nanshan Hill, near Duchang County, which rises from the water like a dignified man standing in the waves. According to the legend, during the Western Han Dynasty (206BC-24) a wise man lived on Nanshan Hill. Emperor Wudi met the man during a tour of inspection in the southern region of his territory and offered him an official government position. However the wise man turned down the offer, saying that he was just a farmer and was not interested in fame or rank. Named for the humble wise man, ‘farmer rock’ is the main attraction of Nanshan Hill. There visitors enjoy the sight of clear, sweet spring water flowing from the rock all year round. Those who climb to the top of the hill enjoy a panoramic view of the lake and distant hills.
This is a large wooden structure located on the shore of Poyang Lake north of Wucheng Town. From the pavilion, you can see the majestic confluence of the Xiu and Gan rivers. Lake-View Pavilion plays a role in a popular story about the area. During the late Yuan Dynasty (1271-1368) General Chen Youliang battled with Zhu Yuanzhang (1328-1398, the first emperor of the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644)) at Poyang Lake. Chen’s wife often watched the battles from the pavilion, noting that neither side seemed to dominate the conflict. One day, she suggested a stratagem to her husband, hoping that it would bring him victory. At first, General Chen rejected the idea, but he later realized that he did not have any better ideas. In addition, some of his subjects strongly recommended his wife’s plan. He implemented her plan and won the battle. On his way home from the battlefield, General Chen saw his beloved wife waiting for him in the pavilion. Planning to play a trick on her, he laid down his commander-in-chief banner. Seeing the banner on the ground, his wife thought that her husband had lost the battle and been killed because he failed to take her advice. She was so distressed that she jumped into the water and died.
Lake-View Pavilion was originally constructed in the later years of the Eastern Han Dynasty (317-420) and the early part of the Three Kingdoms Period (220-280). The present exquisite pavilion was rebuilt by the local government in 1988. It has four floors and stands on a platform made of granite. The view from Lake-View Pavilion takes in the rivers, the lake, the fishing boats, and the birds that contribute to the beauty of Poyang Lake.
Bird Protection Area
This area is a sanctuary for many rare species of birds. Measuring 224 square kilometers (about 86 square miles) in area, it offers a mild climate and a habitat rich in aquatic plants and fish with no industrial pollution. In winter, Poyang Lake is home to the world’s largest population of birds .Every November, thousands of birds fly in from Siberia, Mongolia, Japan, North Korea, and the northeastern and northwestern regions of China. These migratory birds spend the long winter in Poyang Lake together with the native widgeons, egrets, and mandarin ducks, leaving gradually as the weather starts to warm in March. Poyang Lake is considered by many to be the largest bird sanctuary in the world. Every winter it plays host to 95% of the world’s white cranes, a fact that gives it two of its popular names: ‘World of White Cranes’ and ‘Kingdom of Rare Birds’.
The white crane, which is one of the world’s endangered species, is a large wading bird about 135 cm (about 53 inches) tall. All of its feathers are pure white except for a few black ones on the tips of the wings, which give it its alternate name of ‘black sleeve crane’. Its sword-like beak is brownish yellow, and it stands on a pair of long, pink legs. White cranes mate for life, and because they can live 70 years or more, the Chinese call them ‘immortal cranes’ and consider them a symbol of propitiousness. Serious birdwatchers use telescopes to get a good look at the birds, which are very shy and will fly away if you get too close to them.
Luoxingshi Rock is located on the bank of Poyang Lake in Xingzi County. In fact, it is a little rock island that looks like a star floating on the surface of the water, because it rises and falls along with the water level in the lake. Although Luoxingshi Rock is a tiny place, it is well known as a gathering place for scholars, men of letters who met here during many dynasties, giving Luoxingshi Rock a strong cultural heritage. With its temples, stone towers and other structures, Luoxingshi Rock has become a must-see scenic spot in Xingzi County around Poyang Lake. Attractions around Poyang Lake :Mt. Lushan , Stone Bell Hill (Shizhong Shan)
Admission Fee: CNY 120 for the Wetland Park
Note: Tourists who go boating need to pay CNY 50 for the exterior or interior lake, and CNY 80 for both exterior and interior lake.
Opening Hours: 09:00 to 18:00.
Tengwang Pavilion is located on the shore of the Kan, in Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province. Together with Yellow Crane Tower, Yueyang Pavilion (Yueyang Lou) , this fine building is one of the three most notable pavilions on south side of the Yangtze River. It also has the reputation of being the ‘First Pavilion of Xijiang River’ and has been widely admired by visitors from all over the world. In terms of its height, overall size and architectural style, this pavilion is a prime example of such buildings for which China is justifiably famous.
Li Yuanying, a brother of Taizong who assumed the name Tengwang upon being knighted, commissioned the original three storied, thirty meters high building in the year 654 during the Tang Dynasty (618-907). The pavilion was named after him but it was to undergo reconstruction as a consequence of events during its 1,300 year long history. Wang Bo, a gifted and well known poet of the Tang Dynasty, wrote his ‘Essay on Tengwang Pavilion’ thus documenting its importance. However, probably the worst tragedy occurred in 1926, when it was destroyed by fire during the conflicts between the Northern Warlords. The current building is the result of rebuilding that was carried out between 1983 and 1989.
The existing pavilion is even more spectacular and magnificent than its predecessors. Reached by a Nine-zigzag bridge and surrounded by rock gardens and lakes, it is built in the architectural style of the Song Dynasty (960-1279). It is in fact a complex and not just a single structure. The principle building, covering 47,000 square meters (about 12 acres), is nine storied and 57.5 meters (about 189 feet) in height. Two smaller pavilions stand on the north and south sides of the main building. Their elegance and simplicity is set off by glazed jade-green tiles on the roof, pretty eaves and red pillars. Engraved screens enhance the interiors.
Tengwang Pavilion was always a place where learned men gathered to write articles and hold banquets, therefore the display in the new pavilion gives prominence to culture. A variety of bass-relief and frescoes demonstrate that men of talent have brought glory to this place. The plagues, steles, couplets on the columns of the hall are all selections of celebrities. Musical instruments, bronze sacrifice, ritual article, serial bells impart a classical elegance to this new pavilion.
Take subway line 1 to Tengwangge Station directly.
Take bus no. 2, 7, 8, 26 and 302 (Inner line) to get off at Tengwangge Station.
Admission Fee: CNY 50
Opening Hours: 07:30 to 18:00 (May. 1 to Oct. 7)
08:00 to 17:30 (Oct. 8 to Apr. 30).
Star Of Nanchang
The Star of Nanchang (Chinese: 南昌之星 or Chinese: 南昌之星摩天轮) is a 160-metre (525 ft) tall giant Ferris wheel located in the eastern Chinese city of Nanchang, the capital of Jiangxi Province. The Star of Nanchang opened for business in May 2006, having cost 57 million yuan (roughly $7.3 million) to build. Formerly the world’s tallest Ferris wheel, it was succeeded by the 165-metre (541 ft) Singapore Flyer which officially opened to the public on March 1, 2008.
The Star of Nanchang has 60 enclosed air-conditioned gondolas, each carrying up to 8 passengers, for a maximum capacity of 480 passengers. A single rotation takes approximately 30 minutes; the slow rotation speed allows passengers to embark and disembark without the wheel having to stop turning.
Admission fee : CNY 50
Opening Hours: 8: 30 to 10:00
Edited By – PAWAN KR. ATTRI ( YOGI )
SOURCE – VARIOUS WEBSITE